from 1 December 2019
Studio G1 – 12month sublet 229 sq ft at £127.72 per month
Studio G1 is on the Ground Floor and has natural light
Deadline to apply: 30 October 2019, 6pm
Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted for interview shortly after this date.
Interviews will be held: The week commencing 11 November
Lewisham Arthouse is pleased to announce that we have a new studio available for a 6 month sublet commencing from the 1st August. We are an artist run cooperative based in the old Deptford library on Lewisham way. Studio rent includes electricity, water, building insurance and service charges. Access to WiFi and an outdoor working area is also available.
Besides paying rent studio members are required to contribute at least 5 hours work per month in support of Lewisham Arthouse. These work hours provide staffing for our Learning, Exhibition and Events programmes as well as the running of the building and keep both the studio rents and facilities affordable. Roles are hands-on and include; working on the rolling program of exhibitions and events, fundraising, implementing education programmes, PR, health and safety and building maintenance. It’s a great way to gain professional skills and valuable experience of working within an active and friendly community organisation. Studio membership is allocated according to artistic consistency, the qualities a candidate can offer the working cooperative, a positive attitude and a commitment to be present in Lewisham Arthouse for a minimum amount of time each month. We are an equal opportunities group and will endeavor to meet each individuals needs as much as possible.
If you are your interesting in joining The Lewisham Arthouse Studio Cooperative please do send an application in. Below is the information that we require in the application. Please apply either over email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
The Lewisham Arthouse
140 Lewisham Way
* A statement (no more than 500 words) outlining your practice and areas of interest and an indication of how you wish to use this opportunity
*A statement (no more than 350 words) highlighting what you could contribute and how the cooperative would work for you.
* Artists CV (no more than 2 sides of A4)
* Equal opportunities form – click to download here (word .doc)
* CD or files with up to ten images or for time-based work DVD (pieces or excerpts should be no longer than 5 minutes). If you are sending over email where possible please keep the files to a reasonable size. We will except whatever format is easiest for you to render the work in.
* Corresponding list of titles, media and dimensions should be included.
* Two details of references we can contact if your application is successful
Please note that due to the high number of applications we will not be contacting those who are not shortlisted and will be unable to offer feedback. For the same reason we are also unable to organize viewings prior to the interview.
If you have any queries regarding your application please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond as soon possible.
Please note that sublets are not members of Lewisham Arthouse and cannot be guaranteed a permanent studio.