Deadline to apply: 3rd January 2021
Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted for interview shortly after this date.
Interviews will be held virtually the week commencing Monday 11th January
Studio G10 – Permanent Studio 157 sq ft at £87.67 per month
Available from 1st February 2021.
Lewisham Arthouse is pleased to announce that we have a permanent studio space is available commencing from 1 February. We are an artist run cooperative based in the old Deptford library on Lewisham Way. Studio rent includes electricity, water, building insurance and service charges. Access to WiFi and an outdoor working area is also available. Studio B6 is a studio space in the basement with natural light. There is a narrow stair case to access this space.
Besides paying rent studio members are required to contribute at least 5 hours work per month in support of Lewisham Arthouse. These work hours provide staffing for our Learning, Exhibition and Events programmes as well as the running of the building and keep both the studio rents and facilities affordable. Roles are hands-on and include; working on the rolling programme of exhibitions and events, fundraising, implementing education programmes, PR, health and safety and building maintenance. It’s a great way to gain professional skills and valuable experience of working within an active and friendly community organisation. Studio membership is allocated according to artistic consistency, the qualities a candidate can offer the working cooperative, a positive attitude and a commitment to be present in Lewisham Arthouse for a minimum amount of time each month. We are an equal opportunities group and will endeavor to meet each individuals needs as much as possible.
– A statement (no more than 500 words) outlining your practice and areas of interest and an indication of how you wish to use this opportunity
– A statement (no more than 350 words) highlighting what you could contribute and how the cooperative would work for you.
– Artists CV (no more than 2 sides of A4)
– Equal opportunities form – Click to download
– Please include up to ten images or for time-based work no more than 5 minutes. For time-based work please only share a Vimeo or YouTube.
– Corresponding list of titles, media and dimensions should be included.
– Two details of references we can contact if your application is successful
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high number of applications we will not be contacting those who are not shortlisted and will be unable to offer feedback. For the same reason we are also unable to organize viewings prior to the interview.